Thursday, April 30, 2009

Why is it illegal to pick the state flower?

Because they are protected by state law.





If people could pick them at will, there would be a lot less around for others to enjoy.

Why is it illegal to pick the state flower?
Which state do you refer to? Years ago, I was in the Tyler Rose Garden and my boyfriend and I were walking in the yellow Texas Rose Section and my boyfriend picked me a yellow Texas Rose! As we were leaving, we saw this sign that said it was illegal to pick a rose! I was so horrified and so in love with my boyfriend so I hid the yellow rose inside my shirt! We joked about it for years! I think now upon reflection that if every person picks a rose in the Tyler Rose garden, the roses would all vanish! It is a law to protect certain gardens not all flowers!
Reply:In most states it is not. It might be illegal to collect ANY flowers in a state park or public garden and some states might have special protection for certain flowers but there is no nationwide law that prohibits picking state flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment