Monday, May 11, 2009

Is it against the law to trim a dogwood tree in the state of Virginia? It is the state tree and flower.?

I have three beautiful dogwood trees that hangs over partway onto my neighbors property and she wants me to trim the tree back because she doesnt like the leaves to fall on her property. She has cut big limbs off one of my trees in the past which upset me greatly. It is a beautyful tree round and perfict until she cut it. She is one of those people that if it isnt hers, she doesnt like it.

Is it against the law to trim a dogwood tree in the state of Virginia? It is the state tree and flower.?
Dogwood is the state tree but it isn't the state endangered tree. There is no law against pruning it. Call a tree service and have it done right. Even if the trees are entirely on your property, though, leaves are still going to fall on your neighbor's side due to a scientific principle I like to call wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment